Fake Identification Cards
WA: What if I use a fake ID?
What is a fake ID?
- an Australian driver's licence; or
- a passport; or
- a Western
Australian proof of age card.
- has been made illegally;
- has been scratched or altered in any way (like to make you seem older);
- doesn’t actually belong to you (like a friend’s or sibling’s ID).
Are they illegal?
It is against the law to:
- use a fake ID (i.e. to obtain alcohol, enter a bar or purchase cigarettes);
- let someone else use your ID;
- make a fake ID;
- lie or give false information to get an ID.
What if I use a fake ID?
If you are caught using a fake ID, you can:
- be asked to leave a bar, pub, club or other place selling alcohol;
- have your ID confiscated;
- be given a warning or caution;
- be fined $200 on the spot by police; or
- choose to have the matter decided by a court (which may fine you up to $2,000 if you are convicted).
What if someone else uses my ID?
What if I make a fake ID?
What if I lie to get ID?
**The content on this page was last updated on 28 August 2012