Got a question? Ask Lawmail

Send your questions to Lawmail

Can't find the info you are looking for?Got a problem you can’t solve?

If you're under 25, or an adult asking on behalf of a person under 18, you can send your questions to Lawmail and we will email an answer to you in under 10 days. Urgent matters are dealt with more quickly.

Go to Lawmail. It’s free and confidential.

All donations over $2 are tax deductible.

Crisis and Emergency Accommodation

Crisis accommodation

If it’s not safe at home and you need to leave right away and don’t have anywhere to go, you can call a crisis support centre to help you find some accommodation. Crisis accommodation is short term housing for people who are experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of experiencing homelessness. Check your state below for who you can call for help.



Call 1800 825 955 at any time to find a crisis accommodation close to you


Find out more information visit these websites:


· . 



Call the  Brisbane Youth Service on 3620 2400


For more information see:


New South Wales

Call Link2Home on 1800 152 152 at any time of the day or night


Check out this website for more crisis accommodation services:


South Australia

Call 1800 306 046 or 1800 807 364


For more information see:  


Western Australia

Homeless Advisory Service: 1800 065 892 (between 8am – 5pm)

Crisis Care (24/7): (08) 9223 1111 or 1800 199 008 (if you don’t live in the city)


Check out this website for more services:


Call First Point on 1800 176 468 between 9am-5pm


You can find information about other accommodation services on page 18 of Legal Aid's "When can I?" fact sheet at . 



Call Housing Connect on 1800 800 588 at any time of the day or night


Northern Territory



If you’re in Darwin, call Casy House on 8948 2044 or 1800 799 226.